Montville’s Democratic-run Town Council lead our town through the COVID-19 pandemic all while keeping its promises from 2019; namely, lowering property taxes and decreasing the mill rate for two years in a row.
The Democratic-run Council has:
- Decreased property taxes and lowered mill rate two years in a row;
- Adopted the Municipal Low Interest Rate Program to assist taxpayers during the initial COVID-19 crisis;
- Maintained full government services at all times;
- Negotiated and approved the 99 year lease for the parking area south of Dock Road and the Town Dock at no cost;
- Supported a major solar array at the schools to help meet our green initiatives and generate significant energy savings;
- Supported a fuel cell for electric production at the Water Pollution Control Facility with a guaranteed minimum saving of $1 million to the ratepayers;
- Enacted a property tax exemption for buildings used in farming;
- Fire Protection: Brought more pay and retirement equity allowing for better retention and recruitment;
- Assisted the coordination of the 2020 Census to help ensure Montville receives its fair share of federal aid;
- Funded a part time blight officer who has successfully remediated dozens of long standing blight issues;
- Continued to implement the paving improvement program:
- Fitch Hill Rd.
- Jerome Rd.
- Raymond Hill Rd.
- Black Ash Rd.
- Leffingwell Rd.
- Holly Hill Rd.
- Lynch Hill
- Gay Hill Rd.
- Sharp Hill
If you would like to learn more, please feel free to contact us through the contact form on this page.